When your business implements an asset tracking system using RFID and IoT sensors, the possibilities are endless – find your tagged assets in real-time, monitor their condition, reduce product damage and theft, improve operational efficiency, and deliver superior customer service.
Domain Consulting Group, an experienced SAP partner based in the Philadelphia area, delivers affordable state-of-the-art cloud and on-premise solutions for businesses looking to leverage ERP technology to significantly improve efficiency and productivity.
With SAP Business One, companies can manage their entire shipping and fulfillment process, from sales and supply chain management to financials and operations, more efficiently from the same ERP system they use for everything else. And, when powered by SAP HANA, everything can be done faster, using less computing power.
About RFID & the Internet of Things
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is a technology that allows almost any object to be tagged and then wirelessly identified and monitored using data transmitted via radio waves. Asset tracking can be implemented in conjunction with GPS/satellite, cellular networks, and Wi-Fi systems.
The Internet of Things, or IoT, is a network of billions of physical objects with embedded IoT sensors that detect and respond to some type of input from the physical environment, monitor the objects’ status, collect meaningful data about them, and communicate that information to software applications.
Truly smart objects are embedded with both an RFID tag and an IoT sensor to measure data. The affordable devices and systems make shipment tracking and monitoring more accurate than ever before, giving companies the ability to detect and prevent damage to their products before they reach customers and generate more data about their inbound and outbound shipments.
About SenseIT IoT by Domain
SenseIT IoT by Domain utilizes innovative IoT sensors to track your shipments from end-to-end, capturing data from around the world and enabling you to quickly locate items globally and alerting you instantly to condition changes.
All sensor data is gathered and consolidated in a SAP HANA cloud database that is fully integrated with SAP Business One, providing you with a single view of each planned or actual shipment. Use the intelligence to configure alerts, automate workflows, generate reports, view trends, and power real-time insights across your business.
SenseIT IoT gives you the ability to:
- Track assets in real time, both in transit and at facilities;
- View shipments on a geospatial map where distressed shipments are shown in yellow or red;
- Know shipment locations at predefined times (e.g., every 1, 6 or 12 hours);
- Know temperature and temperature trends (approaching hot or cold threshold);
- Know humidity, acceleration, tilt, shock, and other variables, and customize tolerances (minimum and maximum) that trigger alerts when met;
- Respond in real-time if tolerances are exceeded;
- Maintain a complete history of events related to each shipment;
- Maintain a vendor performance history over many shipments;
- Generate a Certificate of Product Handling (COPH) showing details of the complete shipment, all measures to provide to your customer;
- SenseIT IoT works with various sensor manufacturers, RFID, cellular, satellite (and combinations);
- If your business is not on an SAP platform, SenseIT IoT can be integrated with other ERP platforms.
Asset tracking systems that use RFID can be integrated with SenseIT IoT by Domain and your ERP to reduce costs and eliminate operational complexity. Get in touch with Domain Consulting Group at (610) 374-7644 ext. 7005 for a free consultation.