Imagine being able to gain valuable new insights into your supply chain, production, fulfillment and service processes with the integration of real-time IoT sensor-based data into your ERP. The process is faster and more affordable than you may think.
Domain Consulting Group, an experienced SAP partner based in the Philadelphia area, delivers state-of-the-art cloud and on-premise solutions that are affordable for small and mid-sized businesses looking to leverage ERP technology to significantly improve efficiency and productivity.
We offer SAP Business One, a comprehensive software package which includes various functionalities that coordinate all resources and systems within your company and can be integrated onto a single data platform and customized to meet your company’s specific needs. We will work with your team to define the appropriate level of integration for your business.
Put IoT to Work for Your Business
The Internet of Things, also known as IoT, refers to the billions of physical devices around the globe that are now connected to the internet, gathering and sharing data. In general, the term is used for devices that would not ordinarily be expected to have an internet connection.
With today’s inexpensive sensors, affordable connectivity, scalable cloud platforms, and the vast processing and storage capabilities of big data platforms, the IoT offers innovative solutions for supply chain operations, with processes and applications never thought possible.
SenseIT IoT by Domain utilizes innovative sensors to track your shipments from end-to-end, capturing data from around the world and enabling you to quickly locate items globally and alerting you instantly to condition changes.
All sensor data is gathered and consolidated in a SAP HANA cloud database that is fully integrated with your ERP, providing you with a single view of each planned or actual shipment. Use the intelligence to configure alerts, automate workflows, generate reports, view trends, and power real-time insights across your business.
Benefits of SenseIT IoT
With SenseIT IoT by Domain, your business can:
- Track assets in real time, both in transit and at facilities;
- View shipments on a geospatial map where distressed shipments are shown in yellow or red;
- Know shipment locations at predefined times (e.g., every 1, 6 or 12 hours);
- Know temperature and temperature trends (approaching hot or cold threshold);
- Know humidity, acceleration, tilt, shock, and other variables, and customize tolerances (minimum and maximum) that trigger alerts when met;
- Respond in real-time if tolerances are exceeded;
- Maintain a complete history of events related to each shipment;
- Maintain a vendor performance history over many shipments;
- Generate a Certificate of Product Handling (COPH) showing details of the complete shipment, all measures to provide to your customer;
- SenseIT IoT works with various sensor manufactures, RFID, cellular, satellite (and combinations);
- More capabilities are planned for future phases of SenseIT IoT;
- If not on an SAP platform, SenseIT IoT can be integrated with other ERP platforms.
When your business involves temperature-controlled transportation of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, biotechnology, food, sensitive tropical plants or other commodities, or products that can be damaged in transit by deviations from handling protocols, real-time tracking and condition monitoring of your shipments and assets can be invaluable.
IoT ERP integration is an exceptional solution for businesses that want to reduce costs, improve flexibility, improve customer service, and eliminate operational complexity. Get in touch with Domain Consulting Group at (610) 374-7644 ext. 7005 for a free consultation.