The world is increasingly interconnected, and the IoT enables manufacturing plants to interact with product devices in ways that were never before possible. Leveraging the SAP and IoT can help you transform your asset tracking capabilities as well as maintenance and service.
Domain Consulting Group, based in Wyomissing and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is an experienced SAP partner. We deliver state-of-the-art cloud and on-premise solutions that are affordable for businesses of all sizes that want to leverage IoT and ERP technology, such as SAP Business One, to significantly improve the efficiency and productivity of their organizations.
Domain Consulting Group provides many different business services, from strategic consulting and evaluation, to the introduction, integration, and optimization of SAP solutions in the logistics environment. Our consultants and solution architects can help you implement an IoT-enabled solution called SenseIT IoT by Domain.
IoT and ERP-Integrated Asset Monitoring
SenseIT IoT by Domain utilizes innovative IoT (Internet of Things) sensors to track your shipments from end-to-end, capturing data from around the world. It enables you to locate items globally and alerts you instantly to condition changes.
SenseIT IoT by Domain gives you the ability to:
- Track assets remotely in real-time, both in-transit and at facilities
- Monitor the condition of containers, trailers, and their contents for the duration of a trip, including temperature, moisture, tilt, shock, acceleration, and other variables
- Connect with your ERP system to trigger action on incidents in real-time
- Customize minimum and maximum thresholds that prompt alerts when met
- Gather and consolidate data in a SAP HANA cloud database
- Generate powerful, intuitive business analytics
- Improve operational efficiency
- Reduce the risks of regulatory non-compliance
- Store a complete history of events related to each shipment
SenseIT IoT offers many benefits, such as knowing where your shipments are in the world at any given time, when they will be delivered to their destinations based upon their current GPS locations, and how the shipments were handled by your carrier.
You will find our SenseIT IoT solution priced affordably for businesses of all sizes. If you are not currently on an SAP platform, SenseIT IoT can be integrated with other ERP platforms, such as NetSuite.
IoT and ERP-Integrated Maintenance and Service Operations
Another unique way to drive business innovation is to use the IoT to do predictive maintenance. It is now possible to have low-cost monitoring sensors send data in real time to alert you that a piece of equipment is about to fail or to use machine learning to calculate its remaining useful life. You can then schedule maintenance based on that data.
Predictive maintenance solutions can be used to:
- Improve asset management to monitor assets remotely, anywhere in the world
- Detect system malfunctions in real time
- Improve quality and service by predicting malfunctions before they result in unexpected downtime and higher costs
- Dispatch technical assistance based on near real-time monitoring
If you are interested in leveraging SAP and IoT for asset condition monitoring or to transform maintenance and service operations at your manufacturing plants, Domain Consulting Group can help. Get in touch with us today at (610) 374-7644 ext. 7005 for a free consultation and demo of SenseIT.